Accessories for smart transformers - eDevices
Pressure relief devices for smart transformers
Pressure in the transformer is one of the key health parameters that predict early signs of decreased performance or an upcoming failure. Overpressure in the transformer tank can lead to an explosion and a hot oil spill in the surrounding environment.
Choose our pressure relief device for smart transformers type ePRD type e170SC, an evolution of our conventional pressure relief devices, to continuously monitor and keep the pressure in the transformer under control. It can discharge the overpressure to the exterior in milliseconds and reduce the risk of tank rupture.
The device is equipped with a digital interface for easy connection to smart grid applications and can be integrated into a system through a central control unit. It is compatible with our complete eDevice family and can be connected also with third-party devices.
Contact us and get support with the product selection.
- A proven technology with robust design
- Wide pressure range settings allow the adaptation to the volume of the oil in your transformer
- Continuous online monitoring enables the end-users to adopt a condition-based maintenance approach and driving asset health management remotely
- Visual indicator enables easy on-site control of the operating status to the transformer operators
- Bleed screw allowing the removal of air from the system, making it work more efficiently
- Spring is designed outside of the transformer’s lid, which removes any moving part from the inside of the tank and allows the transformer designer to choose a simpler outline
- Easy installation
- Smart grid applications
- Liquid-filled transformers
- Suitable for new installations and retrofits
- Suitable for offshore environment
- Suitable for tropical climates
Technical data at a glance
|Installation||Indoor, outdoor and Tropical proof|
|Ambient temperature||From -40°C up to +80°C|
Solution for lower temperature available upon request
|Oil-directed cover||Seawater resistant aluminum, powder coated|
|Visual indicator||Seawater resistant aluminum, red color, and stainless steel stem|
|Switches||Up to 3, Changeover|
|Cable gland||M25x1.5 – nickel plate brass|
|Degree of protection||IP65|
|Power supply||24 V dc ±10% polarized|
|Analog output||4-20 mA|
|Digital output||Modbus RTU|